Tuesday 31 July 2012

Restartability...!

I've made a few changes, and the game's become super restartable and replayable!

I added the concept of a perfect run, where you get all the gems and don't collide with anything. Which then leaves the challenge of completing the level as quickly as possible. It's so addictive :) I had to keep going until I beat 10 seconds, (and I know there's a sub 9 second run int there...).




Spent half my time wrestling with timers in Unity. Then I found Time.realtimeSinceStartup, the timer I had been looking for all along, (as I'm scaling time with Time.timeScale, which makes Time.deltaTime somewhat smaller than I'd like...!).

Next up is a pause menu and a post-results menu. Then probably a bit of UI rejigging, as it is a bit cramped, especially on my phone!

No comments:

Post a Comment